Friday 20 February 2015

Flying moths and Week 19 done



Is it a bad thing that moths flew out of my swimming bag this week?  After considerable time off, the festive season blurring passed and being away last week in the southern states of Oz.  (A beautiful place where the humidity left the air and you could breathe again.)  I came back rested and ready to get cracking into 19 weeks left until the race.

trying to get off butt :)
After the initial get your butt out of bed and go to swimming session; first cab off the rank.  Fingers at the ready, I unzipped my swimming bag to check all was well.  It was well, alright, and I had additional friends to help me train.  A family of moths.  Let's just call them the Addams family.  I'm happy to report they have been since relocated and swim bag is free of moths.  Woot woo. :)

Saturday is our brick session day.  Now, if you are anything like me when I first started, I wondered what the hell was a brick session.  Did people throw bricks at one another, as strength training?  Did we each get a brick and carry under water like the chick in Blue Crush?  My mind did wonder as you can see.  In short, it means putting it all together (swim/bike/run or swim/bike bike/run etc) and practising those transitions and getting the jelly legs from bike to run (or in my case grandma shuffle) in motion.  Practice makes perfect, so I've been told. 
 
Never smile at crocodile...
My bike and I still haven't done road time yet so, instead of hitting road, did an extra swim session in the nets.  (It's Far North QLD, this time of year nets are in ocean to keep stingers away and I guess the crocs.)  And we would have got a lot of extra swimming in, until, coach thought she saw something surface and go back down in the net.  Hmmmm, let's just say after that we waiting until additional swimmers came down and did a couple of laps; they were all good so we went in after that.  That's how we roll in north! 

Despite the additional friends gathering, by Sunday I think I felt every muscle in my body.  Hello training.  It can only get better right.  Ha ha ha ha....

Train hard (or try your best, which is me)
Keep smiling
Shell xo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment