Friday 6 February 2015

So it begins....Week 20


How can you not clear your mind looking at this....sunset Port Stephens NSW

The presses where running hot with training programmes spitting out from printers all over the world this week, or burning up the digital screen whatever shakes your boat.  20 Weeks until race day of Cairns 70.3 Ironman.  Am I worried, nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwh.  Am I concerned, nawwwwwwwwwwwh.  Has my brain left my head in a fit of shite scaredom, you bet ya. 

Strength training...Sydney
After having nearly 12 months off from, let's just say, exercise in general.  Well my mid life crisis body is really not at the point it was last year.  The base fitness I had, has left the building so to speak and let's just say an extra bloomin curve crept in there from emotional eating.  What me, emotional eat, never!

Climbing Tomaree Headland....Port Stephens
Anyways, it is time for the can of harden up to begin and start training.  

 So I did in my own way, and did the next best thing, ran away to Sydney town.  Now I know what you are thinking where is my commitment.  Trust me, I was committed to dancing with old friends, strength training through the Rocks watering holes, climbing mountains from my youth, walking the beaches and getting my mind in training mode.

Nothing like building up to it I say, I'm sure week 19 will be nothing like this week, back in Cairns so making the most of it.

Strength training is important, so is hydration. :)
Keep smiling
Shell xo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment