Tuesday 25 February 2014

Grounded by kryptonite....

So, can't say it hasn't been an adventure this past 10 days; visiting physio, x-ray, doctor.   I'm not going to bore you with the details of all that totally thrilling maze; the end result and final diagnosis....drum roll; 

  •    Small fracture in fibula near ankle
  •  Avulsion to ligament from said fibula to ankle bone.  (In English, means I stretched my ligament that much it pulled a flake of bone off - yippee) 
  •   Grade 2 damage to both middle and back tendon.  Which isn't so bad in big scheme of things.  :)
Yep, think that is about it.

Everybody keeps telling me I did a good job.  So I'm going to take pride, ownership and say thanks.  When I do things, I like to do them well.  I have this annoying trait everything has to be perfect when done well.  Although, this time I didn't quite have to take it to this level.  It kinda puts a different angle on training.   

Training, yes, well where does it leave me?  Good question. For the next two weeks (at least) I have a very fashionable boot on.  I could now be known as "Puss in Boot"  As everything is happening on the high end of the ankle, my said boot extends all the way to the knee.  Just need my sixties dress now with sparkles and will be rockin'.

My new fashion accessory...pretty cool hey :)  With dark and stormy clouds or days ahead maybe?

Anyway, as to where this all leaves me for training and my 70.3 Ironman Cairns.  Not sure.  I'm just going to take to day by day, see what happens.  I've had the why me, water works and the absolute shites about it all in the last ten days.  In-between the laughter of what an idiot super girl was at not sticking the landing.  So time will tell.  Remain positive, take pain killers, listen to your body (that one courtesy of Coach M).

At the end of the day I can't change what has happened, and things could be worse.  Am I a tad disappointed, at this stage of the game.  That would be, yep.  But need to focus forward not backwards and get on with making it better, is the first step.  

I'm a firm believer of what will be, will be. ( Oh dear so many cliches yet here we go again..) So if the universe really wants me to nut this year's 70.3 Ironman Cairns, out it will happen.  I wish I could fast forward to see if that is going to happen but have to wait.....  Kinda thinking I'll be in for one hell of a test of mind, body, and spirit.  Good thing I have some amazing people around me.

Yours Puss in Boot
Shell xoxo :)

PS: the one bonus is that swimming is first thing I can do, how awesome is that considering live in the tropics and its summer.  Woot woo. :)  Safe training everyone xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment