Wednesday 5 February 2014

Who Inspires you?



We all have those that inspire us, to make better versions of us.  There are some that just plug away and do their thing.  Not even realising, they inspire others to do greater things.  Although, some procrastinate about making better versions of themselves.  Others think they are fine and dandy.  That is awesome, good for you.  As long as you know, within yourself, you are the best you can be.


But what inspires you, to do things, bigger and better? 

Who inspires me?  It isn't any one particular thing or person, it is many.  My coaches and team mates inspire me because they are like the ever ready bunny and just keep going.  Which makes me want to keep going too, because if I stop and not train.   I'm not going to make it to the finish line, in June.  Along with that, is words of encouragement, and kicks up the butt when required.  Yep, there will be plenty of kicks required as we head into the coming weeks.

Most of all what inspires me is those that have, and still; pay it forward.  Against the odds, try and make things better for others; Nelson Mandela,  Mother Theresa, Doctors without Borders, a beautiful family that left their home country and now foster Chinese orphans in China,  our service men and woman, my family, those battling against the odds.  The list goes on, but I think you may get the general idea. 

So I'll draw on those that inspire me, to collect each piece of the puzzle along the way in this adventure.  The jigsaw pieces of the training, programme, advice, one foot in front of the other,  etc.  Take each piece and start to fit it together and come June, when all the stars align, this puzzle will be complete.   At the end, if it is a better, fitter, healthier version of me.  I'll be ecstatic because I've had a lot of help and inspiration to get to the final destination.

Pay it forward happy people

Shell xo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment