Thursday 16 January 2014

Arrival - It's here.



This week marked D-day when I got my 20 week programme that starts on Monday.  I left it for a day before I even opened the email from my coach.  I know chicken .....   I'll let you fill in the blanks.  After a day of rehydration the day before with friends, and maybe or may not feeling the after effects of that.  I didn't think my heart could have taken it and my excitement cup wasn't going to overflow.  Because reality might sink in, I've bitten off more than I could chew.

Let's say I wasn't disappointed when, on the following day I opened it.  Buggar.  Yep, looking at the days for the next four weeks, numbers floating off the page talking about interval hills on bikes, running for time.  Uhh, my grandma shuffle is two speeds.  Stop and go :)  As fellow team mates disappear into the distance.  An inner gremlin in me goes what the .... are you doing. 

But then I go to training and realise even the young, very fit team mates are having those same doubts.  Ok, yep there are those that are just going to smash it.  Is it naughty of me to say though, seeing them with "whites of eyes showing"  puts me at ease.  I guess, it is.  Then again it shows we are in the same boat and why it is important to train around positive people to share the doubts but them quickly get them out of your head.  We all have our own reasons for doing this crazy stuff.

So it is back to basics I'm not looking at the week ahead, or the next four weeks.  Next Monday, I'll be looking at day one and go yep.  Ok, I need to do this as best I can.  Well that is the theory anyway.  Let's see how that works out??

Happy Training
Shell xo :)

cool T'shirt from Ironchicks, they have great information too :)
PS:  On and end not though, I have to say the best thing that has happened this week is doing a class on technique for running and feeling great afterwards.  (Never thought I'd say that ha ha never admit to coach either, shhhh.  It  gives her other silly ideas for you).  Biggest plus getting a really, really cool t-shirt from my sister, made my day.  See Photo.  So, Now, I think I'm all set to go, maybe...


No comments:

Post a Comment