Thursday 9 January 2014

Completed thus far.



In 2010, I did my first enticer, 400m swim, 10km bike and 2.5km run.  It was on a mountain bike, apparently you ride further with those tyres.  Again nerves got the better of me.  Whether it was swimming in crocs waters who knows but I finished and then the bug died for a bit through back injury and well being a slack arse after the back got better, until last year.  When swimming helped me get my mojo back.   

2013 was a big year.  The team swim legs of Coral Coast Olympic distance, and 70.3 Ironman, another Enticer, and Tri Port Sprint distance all on my own.  (Unfortunately, the swim leg was cancelled in Tri port which was cool the water was a wee bit rough.  But go figure, we will swim with crocs and stingers just not waves; safety first hee hee).
Love these girls; team mates, Sue and Rob xo :)  Coral Coast Olympic tri

Like I said before, I'm not an elite athlete, and it is one of the things I love about tri's.  It doesn't matter what shape or size you are, there are people who support you and encourage you.  Let's face it nobody looks good in an all lycra suit unless you're a stick, or at elite level.  :)  That's not what the sport is about.

It is a sport on a wonderful community level that everyone regardless shape or form can have a go.  Viewed upon for what is inside, and the courage that gets you across the line after being out there for a couple of hours in the sun, wind, rain, or whatever the elements throw at you. 

Finishing, or putting in the effort to try is what counts.  Yep, you will always have your competitive people and why not alot of training goes into their times, and effort some are naturals.  Others like me, well, we give it a crack.  That's all you can do and dare I say it have fun along the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment