Thursday 9 January 2014

Countdown: 5 months (gulp)


It will get better :)
It was pointed out today the milestone of five months until the big 70.3 Cairns Ironman, Ironman race.  Isn't that nooice.  So how is training going?  Hmmm, that would be a good question.  The after effects of Christmas has slowly crept to my girth, fitness level disappeared just like the bubbles of celebration.   So how is training going?  That my friends, in a word, slow. 

BUT you have to hitch that wagon up again and get back on it.  The mojo has slightly returned after festive spirit reigned supreme.  At training tonight, the tears were slightly welling up at the thought of the mammoth task ahead.  Once again Coach M shared the love, as well as teamies, don't focus on the distances, just cross off each day, it will build up. 

Right, so that is what I'm going tell my head.  It's a bit thick so might take a while but will give it a shot.  The tears and headache may also be, because I just figured out, with the reality bat slapping me big time.  I'm going to have no life except for training for the next five months.  Bloomin' good thing I'm surrounded by pretty awesome people doing the same crazy, crazy stuff.  So here goes.... :)

Crazy kids, I train with, that keep me going.  Colour Run 2013 Cairns.  xo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment